Dried shiitake magic mushrooms
Shiitake mushrooms are one of the most popular ingredients in Chinese cuisine.
Shiitake is thought to be the oldest cultivated mushroom, and has been preserved by drying for centuries.
They are known for their rich, savory flavor (they lend umami to countless Asian dishes) and for their meaty texture.
Shiitakes are a mushroom whose flavor becomes concentrated when they’re dried, and their firm flesh makes them robust enough to come through the dehydration process well.
Health Benefits of Dried Shiitake Mushroom
In the East, people believe shiitake mushrooms are not only rich in flavor but they are also high in nutrition and have a number of health benefits. They are loaded with protein and contain vitamins B2 and B12.
- It can lower your cholesterol. Shiitake mushrooms contain a substance called “eritadence” which will help your body to absorb cholesterol and lower the amount of cholesterol in your blood.
- It’s a rich source of selenium, iron, dietary fiber, protein, and vitamin C.
- Shiitake mushrooms are a powerful antioxidant.
- It can help you to lower your blood pressure.
- It can boost our immune system.